With optimism for an uplifting spring and summer comes a new air of freedom in fashion. Reaching for energy and happiness, we’ll see that bold color, stripes, texture, florals and decorative elements have made their way into our closets — and they’re here to stay.
With plans to spend much of spring and summer outside, lightweight yet durable pieces with a fun flair are ideal. Artful takes on classic linens, printed cottons, and pastel and colorful wovens will be highlights.
It’s time to create a wardrobe for celebrating that long-awaited coastal breeze, enjoying a patio dinner with friends, and walking to the beach with a cocktail in hand. A wardrobe both for function and for fun will treat us well as we get back to our seasonal routines.
1. Find a maxi dress and a tote that you’ll use all summer — both are a key part of your warm-weather wardrobe. These are items that you must get right the first time — don’t settle for a maxi or beach tote that you don’t love. A perfect maxi dress is versatile and should be a piece you can wear over a swimsuit to the pool or dressed up for dinner out. Again, look to invest in a beach bag that you’ll use year after year, one in which you can easily pack the essentials and carry to the beach
2. Dipping into floral prints — tropicals, too — will elevate any mood. Find them in colors that suit you, and enjoy them all spring. Add a classic-style handbag to reel in the fun a bit and make it all super wearable. Pairing with white denim is a great way to take this look into the evening hours.
3. Interesting yet dainty ear bobs, bracelets and necklaces are everywhere — and for good reason. With a more relaxed schedule, high-quality pieces like these crushed diamond studs are ideal for daily wear — but still an elevation to add to a girls-night-out look. Minimalism is on trend, but doing so with the right basics is key.
4. Embracing a new season of hopeful and light-hearted fun, pool jewelry will be the new normal at some of our favorite beach clubs on 30A. Great waterproof bracelets, stretchy beaded necklaces, and non-tarnish gold are ideal to achieve this look. Pool jewelry is also a great welcome gift for house guests, girls getaways and family reunion beach trips — something everyone can enjoy together.
5. Textured linens, stripes and easy colors can create a put-together look while still keeping a level of comfort. Purchase buildable pieces you can use to create many looks. Beyond your core pieces, invest in a great straw bag to help denote the change in seasons. We’ve begun yo make straw bag shopping a prerequisite for summer.
6. We declare it the year of the caftan. Much of the fashion made famous during the 60s in Palm Beach has taken to most of Florida’s resort locations these days. Nostalgic caftans that flow with easy hemlines are perfect and can be taken up a notch with an interesting pair of slides and dressy sunglasses. Finding a perfect caftan will help see you through the next months hassle-free.
Written By Emily Raffield
Photography By Lauren Athalia